CutBank Literary Magazine is seeking interesting, compelling fiction and nonfiction prose - in 750 words or fewer. Lyric essays, prose poems, short essays, vignettes - send us your best, most dazzling short form prose.
This year's guest judge will be announced soon!
Contest Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions will be accepted through the Submittable submission manager. Print or email submissions will not be considered. Please include a brief cover letter, biography and contact information in the form provided - please do not include identifying information in the body of your submission.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished.
- Simultaneous submissions are certainly welcome; however, please withdraw your CutBank submission immediately via Submittable if it is accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions should be double spaced, no more than 750 words.
- Submission fee of $7 includes consideration for CutBank's $500 flash prose prize and publication in CutBank 90. Two runners-up will be awarded $50 and publication in CutBank 90. All other submissions will be considered with submissions for the print edition of CutBank Literary Magazine.
- We will accept submissions for Big Sky, Small Prose between August 16 and September 30, 2018.